Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Exams

Exams. It was my first semester back at  university since having my daughter, and my fears that studying time would be tight were being manifested in my minimal-sleep-part-hallucination-part-reality existence. Yet, through the lack of sleep, the mother in me was fully re-charged, thinking of new ways to study while taking care of the little one.

While looking for some baby shampoo in the cupboard, I passed by some Crayola Bathtub Crayons I had picked up at the store awhile back, thinking when I was bored I would create a Mona Lisa on my shower walls. This of course never happened. However, I decided, this might be my ticket to studying. I wrote out all my notes on the mirrors above the sink and the tiles around the shower, repeating sections I did not remember well. So, after laying down the little one for bed, I could take a shower and give myself a 5 minute quiz.



Green Points:

  1. didn't waste paper
  2. made me want to take an even shorter shower


Studying Points:

  1. as most of my best thinking occurs in the shower, so did my best studying
  2. a nice cold shower really wakes you up for an all-nighter study session

No comments:

Post a Comment